Here are some commonly asked questions and our attempt to answer them, if you need clarification on any of these or you have any other questions not listed here, don’t hesitate to contact us by telephone 204 889 3943.
- How much does it cost to have a tattoo done? Because we do exclusively custom tattoo work, it is not possible for us to give an estimate outside of a consultation setting, each tattoo that we do is unique and there are many variables to consider before we can give you an idea of how much it will cost to have the work done. During a consultation we are able to work out your ideas and usually can get an idea of how much work will be involved (it can be difficult to say how much work is involved when it comes to large multiple session work), and based on that we can either give you a quote (for smaller pieces) or a rough idea of what you are getting into (for larger work).
- How long does the tattooing process take? It really depends on what you are having done, during a consultation we will try to give you an idea of how long it will take, smaller pieces can be done in one session and we can usually give you an idea of how long it takes, but please remember that it’s art and it’s forever on you and so we wouldn’t dream of rushing… So plan around your tattoo appointment, clear your schedule for the time afterwards, just in case it takes longer than expected. Large work can take several sessions and can be difficult to impossible to predict how long or how many sessions it might take, this is something we can discuss during a consultation to give you a rough idea of the timeline for large work.
- Do tattoos hurt? Yes tattoos can hurt, but if they were unbearable then no one would get tattooed, if you want it bad enough the pain should not be a consideration.
- How long is your waiting list? The wait time depends on how booked up we are, and this is ever changing, therefore we ask that you call us if you are wondering how long the wait is for tattoo work. 204 889 3943
- Do you do Cover-ups? Yes we do, in fact we do them often! To inquire about a cover-up it’s best to drop by the shop during our business hours and show one of us the tattoo you would like covered, we may ask to take a picture of it so we can consider if it can actually be covered and if so, what may be possible to do over the old tattoo. Some tattoos can be very difficult to cover, in these cases the more open minded you are to our ideas, the more successful the cover up will be.
- Do you charge for consultations? No, we do not charge for consultations. The consultation is designed so that we can give you our full attention to discuss your tattoo ideas, most times we will do some rough thumbnail sketches with you to see if we are on the same page as far as the design goes. We do consultations by appointment so that we can focus 100% on our tattoo work the rest of the day. We are happy to meet with you to see about your tattoo ideas and so no fee is required.
- What do I need to bring to a consultation? Most of the time just your ideas are good enough, we will discuss with you in detail your ideas and see what we can do to make it work as a tattoo. Please keep in mind that we are artists and therefore each have our own style of work which comes through in the work we do, so being familiar with the type of work we do is important, visit the galleries on our site to see recent tattoo work from us. If you need to bring reference material, whether as an example of what you are looking for, to illustrate a point, or for whatever reason, please bring printouts or copies (if it’s out of a book or something then color laser copies work), do not bring your IPad, cell phone or laptop, we do not have WiFi at the shop nor do we have a printer so if it’s something we need we will just end up asking you to print it out and bring it back. Also please remember that we do custom work and will not copy other peoples tattoos, so unless it’s just meant to be an example of what you like, then other tattoos do not usually make the best reference material. If you are unsure about how to be prepared for the consultation just give us a call and we will be happy to discuss it with you.
- Can I E-mail my ideas to you? We do not do consultions via e-mail, if you have artwork or ideas you would like to show us it is best to book a consultation and bring those images with you printed out. Or you can stop by and show one of us during our business hours so we can advise you. If you are outside of Manitoba or outside of Canada, contact us by telephone or e-mail and we can advise you at that point how to proceed.
- Do you require a deposit to book tattoo appointments? A cash deposit is required to book all tattoo appointments. The deposit holds your appointment and insures that we will be there for your appointment, as well it serves as a guarantee to us that you will be there for the appointment and that you are serious about wanting to get tattooed. The deposit is non refundable, or transferable. What this means is that your deposit is for the appointment you book only, if you cancel the appointment, re-schedule the appointment, or miss the appointment you lose your deposit. No exceptions!
- Do you take walk-ins? Really we do not, as we are typically booked up in advance. However, there have been rare cases where we happen to be free for whatever reason, in these rare cases we would consider doing a walk-in, so it doesn’t hurt to call and see if we are available. If you are going to be in Winnipeg for a visit and want to get tattooed on short notice while you’re in town, give us a call to let us know the dates of your visit and if something becomes available during that time we will try to get you in.
- Do you tattoo minors with parental consent? We do not tattoo minors, you must wait until you are at least 18 years of age to be tattooed or to meet with us for a consultation, even with parental consent.
- How can I contact you to have work done? The best way to reach us is by telephone, if you get the answering machine, leave a message, with your number, if you don’t leave a message and number we cannot call you back (we do not have caller ID), we are vigilant about calling everyone back but sometimes cannot reach people, so if you don’t hear back from us, try us again. We get alot of inquiries from out of the Winnipeg area, in this case we can be reached by Telephone or snail mail. If you e-mail us we will ask you to send your ideas to us via snail mail. Please include your contact info in all correspondence.
- I do not live in the Winnipeg area but would like to travel there to have work done. How do I proceed? We get a fair amount of people who want to come and see us from other cities and areas far away from Winnipeg, in these cases a consultation is usually not possible in person, so the best thing to do would be to give us a call during our shop hours and we can discuss with you what the options are to make it happen. If you are in a time zone that makes it difficult to call us (Europe, Asia or elsewhere), send us an Email explaining what you are looking to have done and whatever other details may be relevant (when you will be in Winnipeg or when you would like to come etc…), from there we will be able to advise you on how to proceed.
In most cases we will ask you to write us a letter via “snail mail”, then once we have had a chance to look it over, we will call you to discuss your ideas over the phone in place of an in person consultation, so if you are so inclined you can contact us by letter and we will get back to you by telephone.
We do not do consultations via e-mail, but can advise you on how to proceed depending on your situation, so contact us and we will do our best to make it happen.
We hope this helps…
If you have any further questions or inquires give us a call us at our studio 204 889 3943 and we will be happy to answer your questions.